Sultan Mustafa the Third built four diferent mosques in Istanbul. But he didn't successed to give his name to his mosque . One of these mosque is Laleli mosque . laleli mosque name derived from a Dervish called Laleli (literally means with Tulip ) . Laleli Mosque was constructed by order of Sultan Mustafa the Third between years of 1760- 1763 . laleli mosque Architect was Mehmet Tahir agha . you can see very beautifull Birds houses on the laleli Mosque
Tashan was built by Sultan Mustafa the third during construction of Laleli Mosque . Tashan was called different name in diferent time period . Tashan was called Sipahi khan at the begining. then it was called Katırcıoglu Khan . Tashan was built in order to get revenue for Laleli mosque like Grand bazaar and Spice Bazaar . Tashan was used as a timber storehouse in a few years. Plus Tashan was used by Janissaries as a barracks. Today There is a lot of companies who make wholesale busines of Clothes and leather jackets inside and around Tashan . Turkish Night Show was organized in Tashan a few years ago. Tashan is also famous in Turkish tv series . Tv Series Called " Binbir Gece" and "Muhteşem Yüzyıl" was filmed in Tashan
The Fire was always big disaster for Istanbul. One of Big fire disaster was happened in Cibali nearby Golden Horn in 1918. Because of this fire, around 7500 Houses was completely destroyed. Ottoman imperial made first Collective Houses project for assisting people who lost their house in this fire. Harikzedegan (literally meaning people affected fire) Apartment was built by Famous Architect Kemallettin whose photo was on former 20 Turkisk Liras Banknote. After republic of Turkey , This Building rental revenue was transfered to Assocation of Turkish Air . Therefore name of Apartment was changed and called Tayyare ( Flight) . Tayyare Apartment was converted into hotel in 1985.
Koca Ragıp Pasha Library , which is opposite Laleli Mosque. was constructed by Koca Ragıp Pasha , who was Grand Vizier of Sultan Mustafa the Third , in 1762 .40 Days after construction was completed , Koca Ragıp Pasha passed away. So Koca Ragıp Pasha Library also was used as a his tomb. Koca Ragıp Pasha , who was poet, donated more than thousand books to this library. Koca Ragıp Pasha library ,
Koca Ragıp Pasha Library , which is under control of Suleymaniye Library , was destroyed due to Big Earthquake was happened in 1999. That's why,This Library is under restoration now .
Myrelaion(smells good like parfume ) Monastery was rebuilt instead of Rotunda ( Building with curcilar plan and covered by a dome) by order of Emperor Romanos Lekapenos in 10th century . And this monestry was also used as a Royal Family cemetery zone . This Monastery was converted into mosque by order od Sadrazam Masih Pasha in reign of Sultan Beyazıd The Second . Local people called Bodrum ( Basement ) Mosque.
Pertevniyal Mosque was constructed between years 1869 and 1871 in the name of Pertevniyal , Wife of Sultan Mahmut and Mother of Sultan Abdülaziz. Plan of Building was done by Sarkıs and Agop Balyan Family. ıt was built by İtalian Artichect Montami.
One of oldest Hight School also located nearby this Mosque. This High School got a lot of prize in Competition between High Schools in Europe especially Basketball.
Queen Mother Pertevniyal Tomb located in courtyard of Pertevniyal Mosque
Has Murad Pasha was nephew of Last Byzantium Emperor Konstantine Drages. after becoming Muslim , he was appointed as a grand vizier by Sultan Mehmed the conqueror.İf Istanbul was not conquered by Sultan Mehmet the Second . Has Murad Pasha or His Brother Mesih Pasha had chance to be next emperor at the end of reign of Konstantine Dragesh. Thanks to Has Murad Pasha and His Brother Mesih Pasha , Ottoman Imperial is accepted as third part of Roman Imperial. During battle against Uzun (Tall) Hasan , was leader of Akkoyun prancipality., he was drowned in Euphrates river.
This building was Church constructed by Constantine Lips who was employee in Great Palace of Roman İmperial during Emperor Leo the sixth and Emperor Constantine Porphyrogenetous in 907.Constantine Lips Church was dedicated of Theotokos Panachrantos (Perfect Mother of God ). there were 4 different chapels in Constantine Lips Church. One different church was added by Roman Emperor Michael Paleologos 8th for his wife Theodora. . Constantine Lips church was converted by Fenari Ali Efendi as a Dervishe lodge in 15th century. later Constantine Lips church was converted into mosque by order of Seyh İsa who was a respected Hodja. Today name of this mosque is derived from Fenari Ali efendi and Seyh İsa.
if you plan to visit Byzantium relics of İstanbul , Constantine Lips Church must be in your tour itinerary